Advisory & Consulting
Our consultations includes a broad range of activities and many service divisions. One way to categorize the activities is in terms of the professional’s area of expertise (such as competitive analysis, corporate strategy, operations management, or human resources).
Our approach is to view the process as a sequence of phases—entry, contracting, diagnosis, data collection, feedback, implementation, and so on.
Our way of analyzing the process is to consider its purposes; clarity about goals certainly influences and engagement’s success. Here are consulting’s eight fundamental objectives, arranged hierarchically :
1. Providing information to a client.
2. Solving a client’s problems.
3. Making a diagnosis, which may necessitate redefinition of the problem.
4. Making recommendations based on the diagnosis.
5. Assisting with implementation of recommended solutions.
6. Building a consensus and commitment around corrective action.
7. Facilitating client networking by permanently improving organizational effectiveness.